California Resident Policy
Last Revised: January 1, 2020
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us when using our Services. For example, we collect information when you select or receive a gift, make a purchase, fill out a form, participate in any interactive features of our Services, apply for a job, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, billing address and payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
You state that you have the right to provide all gift recipients’ personal information that you provide to Loop or a merchant and that Loop can use that information in order to supply the Services for your benefit, that of the gift recipient and the merchant.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use Our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including the following:
Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, your location and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
Transaction Information: When you use our Services to send or receive a gift, we automatically collect certain information about your transaction, such as information about the product or service you select, including its attributes and price, tax and shipping costs and which of our merchant partners is providing and shipping the product or service. We also automatically collect information about where you are in the transaction process, such as which steps you may or may not have completed to purchase or receive your gift.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to do the following:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, such as confirmations of the gifts you have selected for others to receive and notices of the gifts others have selected for you to receive;
- Send you technical notices and other administrative messages, and respond to your comments, questions and requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Loop and others, including our merchant partners, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Personalize and improve our Services, provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests and otherwise work to provide our users with a positive experience through our Services;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Loop is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United States and other countries. Loop makes no representation that the Services operate (or are legally permitted to operate) in all countries. Accessing the Services from territories where the Services, or any content or functionality of the Services, is illegal is expressly prohibited.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- In connection with the provision of our Services, such as with other users who use our Services to give you a gift and with our merchant partners that provide the gifts, whether in the form of electronic gift cards or actual products or services;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- With merchants, partners and other service providers to market their products and services to you and personalize your interactions, such as by sending you their newsletters, creating an account for you or suggesting a certain product or product feature based on information learned about you through our Services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Loop or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Loop’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that certain information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide this information.
We may also share with any third parties aggregated or de-identified information which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We may allow others to serve advertisements on our behalf across the Internet and to provide analytics.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Loop takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We do not, however, claim to eliminate all security risks. If you believe that any information about you has been compromised through our Services, please contact us immediately.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Loop by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as messages about your account or our ongoing business relations.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California user of our Services (“California Consumer”), you have certain rights with respect to the collection, use, transfer, and processing of your Personal Information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). We reserve the right to limit these rights where permitted under applicable law, including where your identity cannot be reasonably verified or to the extent your rights adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. To exercise any of the rights below, please contact us via the contact information below. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information.
Collection of Personal Information
When California Consumers access our Site, we collect the following Personal Information:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information
- The Internet Protocol address that relates to the machine or device used to access our Site
- The type of browser and operating system used
- The date and time when the Site is visited
- Device ID if you are on a mobile device
- Web pages displayed
The foregoing pieces of information have been collected about our consumers in the past 12 months.
Sources from which Personal Information is Collected
We collect your identifiers from you directly. We collect your Internet or other electronic network activity information from your interactions with our Site.
Business or Commercial Purposes for which Personal Information is Collected
Your Personal Information is used for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the Services.
- Validate cell phone use.
- Communicate with you. To communicate with you about our Site or Services, to send you updates, or to inform you of any changes to the Site or Services.
- Provide customer support. To provide you support or other services you request.
- To communicate about new features. We will send you notifications about new features or information available on our Services or third-party products that we feel might be of interest to you.
- Maintain and improve our Site and Services. We analyze how our users interact with the Site in order to maintain and improve the Site and Services.
- Benchmarking. We aggregate your information in order to gain insights into our Services.
- Prevent fraud and other illegal activities.
- Comply with applicable law.
- Defend our legal rights.
Third Parties with whom Personal Information is Shared
Loop shares your Personal Information with analytics and service providers, advertisers, business partners and law enforcement (if necessary).
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about consumers.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about minors.
In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following Personal Information about consumers for business purposes:
- Identifiers, Other Personal Information (Financial Information), Employment Information, and Commercial Information. We share this information with our service providers to allow them to perform services on behalf of Loop. We may also share this information with our business partners so that they may provide you with information about products or services that may be of interest to you.
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information. We share with or allow third parties to utilize cookies for marketing or advertising customized to your apparent interests or needs (more information located in the “Information Collected Automatically” section above).
Right for You to Access Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
You have the right to request that Loop disclose the Personal Information it collects, uses, and discloses about you to third parties:
- Categories of personal information collected;
- Categories of sources from which personal information are collected;
- Specific pieces of personal information collected about you;
- Business purpose for collecting or selling; and
- Categories of third parties with whom sold.
Loop does not sell any Personal Information of California Consumers. This information will be provided to you free of charge, unless Loop determines that your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. You may request this information twice in a 12-month period. This Right to Access is subject to certain restrictions and is not available to consumers who have requested information about, applied for, or maintain business credit through Loop. Loop employees and employees of Loop business partners and service providers also do not have a Right to Access under the CCPA.
Right of Erasure
You can submit your request by calling us at 1-844-894-3960 or visiting our request website at https://www.synchronycredit.com/ccpa.
Loop provides California Consumers with an online webform to submit requests. The webform is accessible at https://www.synchronycredit.com/ccpa. As stated in the webform, Loop must verify that the person requesting information or deletion is the California Consumer about whom the request relates in order to process the request. To verify a California Consumer’s identity, we may request up to three pieces of Personal Information about you when you make a request to compare against our records. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use Personal Information provided in your request to verify your identity. Loop reserves the right to take additional steps as necessary to verify the identity of California Consumers where we have reason to believe a request is fraudulent.
Right to Equal Service
Loop will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of your rights, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying goods or services to you.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Questions & Contact Information